Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Facebook no more!

I just deleted my facebook account. I didn't put it on hold or make the decision to stay off it for a week because it was too addictive. It's not because of privacy, and it's not because I joined some other "social networking site" instead. I did it because I think that facebook is weird. Just plain bizarre. I did enjoy playing scramble on it (which is similar to Boggle) and I did find a few people from my past who it was great to be in touch with. However:

I don't care what people are doing every minute of every day. I think if people spent more time doing other things than letting the rest of the facebook world know what is going on... I just got dressed. I'm making coffee. I'm eating my breakfast. I'm on a diet. I'm eating a cake. My son just drew on the cat. I think I might change my hairstyle. Blah blah blah blah. I have never learned anything important on facebook and I just don't want to be a part of it anymore.

It also brings up the term "friend" for me. My friends know they are my friends. And if don't like someone, I am not adding them as a friend because some machine did calculations and we have x number of people in common so we should be friends. I can't tell you how many people were my 'friends' on facebook who I would have never even nodded to in passing when I saw them in person.

Here's a truth about me: I think most people are irritating and boring. Don't get me wrong - I'm including myself in that. There are exceptions and those are the people I like to be with. But I don't need to see them on facebook WAIT -

I just realized that I am babbling about nothing. I deleted my facebook account. End of conversation.

1 comment:

  1. OK - this works for me since I seem to put actual life updates on my blog and not so much on Facebook.

    But I think if you lived in a city where things are acually happening (like Toronto) - you might find it more useful!

    ReplyDelete